Sunday, August 29, 2010

Today's Run

Sometimes (often times) I am just lazy and don't want to go on my run. Today was one of those days. However, with getting back to work this week I missed all of my runs, so I was not allowed to cop out on today's run. It was supposed to be my long run of the week, but it didn't quite turn out that way. Here's why:

1. Have massive headache. Decide eating lunch would help, so put off run to afternoon.

2. Massive headache still present after eating. Take Excedrin and decide to wait another 1/2 hour.

3. Get dressed and open window. Wow, how did it get so cold out in the last 30 minutes?!

4. Change clothes, now I'm ready!

5. Open front door. What, now it's raining?! Are you kidding me?

6. Decide to head to the gym instead, but don't want to change clothes again, I'll tough it out.

7. Get almost to gym; realize I am wearing my Mizuno Heat Gear shirt which heats up when you sweat. Great for running outside when its cold, not so great for running in the gym.

8. Drive to BX which is across the street from the gym. Buy new short sleeve shirt. Easier than going home to change clothes.

9. Change shirts in car at gym.

10. Finally running!!

I was supposed to run for 6 miles today. I made it 3 before I had to leave the gym because 1) we had plans tonight and 2) the gym was about to close. I am still calling this run a success because I at least still ran in spite of all this mess! I am hopeful tomorrow's run will go better!

1 comment: