Monday, April 19, 2010

You can call me Professor Roth...


I have a new job! I have just started teaching online courses for UMUC-Europe!! Right now I am in my 3rd week of teaching Biology 101. It is really different and a lot of work, especially since this is my first time teaching the course, but I really enjoy it. Right now I am doing most things as I go since I wasn't really assigned my class until last minute and couldn't do much pre-work, so I have quite a few long evenings each week (Sunday nights especially since they're right before the start of the new week). But things are going pretty good overall and I think my classes will be a lot easier in the future since I will have all the class material created by then and will also have some experience under my belt. I hope to eventually branch out into higher level Biologies and possibly face-to-face classes too, but right now I am focusing on giving my best to my first course.

Oh, and I don't make the students call me Professor Roth. Mrs. Roth, Ma'am, or any other way is fine with me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment